Sr. Executive - Technology for Conservation
The incumbent must view this as a long-term career opportunity wherein and s/he will be expected to execute the project of THT – Tech for Conservation (T4C). S/he will be implementing, coordinating, monitoring & evaluating The Habitats Trust’s T4C projects, helping realize its overall vision and goals. Candidate must be analytical thinker, problem solver, technically competent, self-motivated, organized, good team player, open to collaborate and possess good interpersonal skills. Excellent understanding of technology and should be skilled at developing and adapting technology for conservation. A successful candidate will be high-energy, outgoing and have enthusiasm for engaging the stakeholders. Candidates must be flexible and be able to work harmoniously in a small, very fast-paced, office environment.
- •The incumbent will be able to design and develop technological solutions for conservation.
- •Contribute to fulfilling the vision and direction of the THT and T4C.
- •Responsible for implementation and monitoring of The Habitats Trust’s Tech for Conservation projects.
- •Identifying conservation problems or gaps that technology can fill.
- •Exploring new technologies which can be used for conservation .
- •Ready to adapt and apply latest technologies (mainly AI/ML/DL) .
- •To visualize and develop tools / web portals / apps to assist conservation activities .
- •Supporting other verticals within THT, with their technological needs for research/conservation.
- •Evaluation, reporting, and coordination with partners and projects .
- •Any other work assigned by the lead of Tech for Conservation programme .
- •Electronics, computer science or other related engineering degree (Bachelors/Masters) .
- •Demonstrated abilities in the development and use of technology.
- •Experience with data analytics and machine learning .
- •Prior experience or association with teams who are working on tech for conservation solutions .
- •Around 3-4 years of relevant experience .
- •Well-versed with coding/automation/scripting (R, Python).
- •Conversant with product development lifecycles.
- •Experience of working or coordinating with multiple teams.
- •Knowledge of and experience with monitoring and evaluation of programs / projects.
- •Ability to communicate effectively with diverse audiences.
- •Curious to explore technologies and apply.
- •Team player, analytical thinker, and effective communicator with an understanding of wildlife and conservation issues.
- •Should be self-accountable.
- •Passionate about fieldwork and open to travel besides managing expected deliverables.